Well the main coop is starting to take shape. The foundation for the floors and walls went together nicely. The lumber we got from a neighbor who has a small sawmill. Our neighbor came and helped with the pour, which was very nice of him to take time away from his own work on his farm.
Here we are doing the finishing work on the cement. I've not done any cement finishing work ever so it was fun doing it. It reminded me of icing a cake, that's the only way I can describe it.
After the forms had been stripped off and the cement was cured enough Jim got some dirt from our property to put inside the coop. We are going with a deep litter method in the coop, so that explains why we didn't put cement throughout the chicken coop. The cemented area is going to be where I will be keeping the feed and any supplies that I will be using for the chickens.
It's been a lot of fun helping out with the construction of the coop.