Here's an update on my sourdough starter that I had started. As things were progressing along or not progressing I made a few adjustments. My starter on the right is a totally new starter and it's made with Wheat Montana unbleached all purpose flour. The one on the left is one of the original starters that I started with, the flour was 1/4 cup Wheat Montana unbleached ap flour and 1/4 cup of our Wheat Montana berries that I freshly ground each time I fed the starter. But, it wasn't moving a whole lot, it was starting very slowly. I figured it out though. Many people said that they would weigh the flour and water and many people said that there was no need to do that. I did a bit of checking on the amount of flour I was putting into the starter and was adding a lot less flour to my starter. I'm guessing I wasn't adding enough flour for the wild yeast in the flour to start moving. When I started to weigh my flour and adding only my fresh ground wheat and no all purpose flour my starter really took off. Last night it had risen so high I put it into a bowl incase it overflowed, it didn't but I will be putting it into a larger container from now on.
I love the bowl that used to be my grandma's bowl that she used to make bread in. I think of her every time I use it for bread.
Yummy bread, I can't wait to try it.
So this is my results of making sourdough starter and the results are wonderful.