The distressed look
September 28, 2008
I re-did our downstairs bathroom. I'm not totally finished with it yet, so no pictures yet. I have to either get a new vanity or redo the old one. I might try to redo the old one into something like I did with this shelf. Sorry, I didn't take a before picture of what the shelf looked like before I started, the bare wood.
I found this kit at Michaels.
I started out with the base coat.
After it dried, I sanded it all down in preparation for the top coat.
After painting the top coat on I had to wipe it off right away, and not let it dry.
This was how it looked as I was still wiping the top coat off.
Now, I'm always too critical of what I make. But, I think it turned out pretty nice. I even found a few things at the re-sale shop to put on my shelf. I'll only show you one item as the other item is sitting on a cabinet that I found. That's for another post.
This cup I have been eying up. After doing the self I thought of this rose cup to put on the self. Whew, it was still there when I went to go back to get it.
There she is. I'm not sure yet what to put in the vase. I thought it would look good up there too. I have no window in this bathroom, so my pictures won't come out the greatest.
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.